While I am on the subject of actionscript 3, I purchased a useful book from Amazon, which is by Gary Rosenzweig called "Actionscript 3.0 Game Programming University". I have been reading through the book piece by piece, examining the source codes and trying to rewrite it using the same logic that he does. I started struggling about 75 pages in and decided to look for a video tutorial. The reason for this is that in the past I have found that I learn much more effectively through movement and sound. By planning a psychological learning strategy I can really make things sink in much more. I once learnt all the lines to Richard 3rd in less than a week by sticking each line to a different object in my living room, then when it came to remembering the lines I just had to imagine I was looking round my room and as each line was associated with an object, I only had to think about the sequence of the objects rather than the words themselves. In a similar way I have been sticking multicoloured post-it notes around my bedroom with bits of code on. Anyway, I found an excellent tutorial from Lynda.com called “Actionscript 3.0 in Flash CS4 Pro for Designers.” It basically explains the basic concepts of AS3 and Flash and uses analogies and repetition as well as walking through various exercises. From watching that video (which I believe is over 6 hours!) the book made much more sense.
Tuesday, 1 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment