
I made the decision recently to exclude platforms from my game. Part of the reason for this is that to create a fully platformed area I would need to scale down my main character, thus reducing the resolution and definition of the graphic, which I really didn't want to do as I liked it just the way it was. Another reason for this is because the way I had built my code would've made it very hard to implement the platforms successfully. I imagine I would probably have to use arrays to get this to work therefore rewriting a massive amount of my code and probably running into more problems on the way. This has been a learning curve however, as has the rest of the coding process and there are many actionscript methods I would be curious explore were I to develop another game, mainly the use of arrays and external classes. Were I to develop the game further I feel that I would definitely include the platforms as it adds so much more room for variation in the levels giving a more 2 dimensional experience. I feel that this single level project didn't need the platforms as there is enough content to keep the gamer interested for the amount of time they are playing.
Thursday, 18 February 2010
The Platformer
Posted by lco1987 at 00:02
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment