
The hero is a character I created quite a while ago and have always wanted to make him into an animation or game. Until this project I had only really used him in graffiti style drawings and doodles so it is great to be able to see him come to life. I suppose the character design is inspired by similar cartoon monsters such as Pokemon and I have been told in the past he shares a resemblance to Mewtwo from Pokemon or Sonic the Hedgehog.
Having the horns and tail makes him look playfully mischievous, which I actually think adds a certain amount of juxtaposition when compared with usual devil-like creatures.I knew from day 1 that I didn't want him to come from Hell or anything obvious like that. I eventually settled on the idea of him being an alien who looks very much like what we would call a devil but actually is an alien with a coincidental resemblance. This is good because the features of the creature automatically trigger certain presumptions, which can be destroyed as the story goes on.
The reason I chose to have no name for the character is because I want their to be a role playing element to the game. At the start the character has no clothes, no name and no particular skills and we don't really know all that much about him. As the story progresses I want the player to make decisions on the character's developments, with the ability of learning and developing new special feats and collecting and equipping items, clothing and weapons to assist the hero in his journey.
Sunday, 31 January 2010
The Hero
Posted by lco1987 at 03:01
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment